Monday, March 2, 2015

Creative Blog Hop - Stamp Camp




I have been invited by Carol Valentine to join in a Monday Creative Blog Hop and I am excited to join in and to post with the group. 

Here is my post for today.
On Saturday my team member De Forrester and I had a stamp camp and we all had so much fun.  Here are our projects, some of my project ideas were cased with a few changes.


 This one was one of my favorites that I cased from Narette Macey on Pinterest, she use different flower stamps and a little more ribbon but I like them both. Don't you love the Something Borrowed DSP?

I love the new Sophisticated Serifs stamp set for monograms.


Jenny Peterson stamped this card on stage at the Stampin' UP!  Leadership conference in January. She added some of that cute white jute ribbon in the Occasions catalog.




 
 This is a cute bag I created using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits.  Last week my son Chris and grandson Jacob were visiting from New Hampshire and Jacob cut the butterflies for us.  What a fun day Jacob and I had creating.

Below is a treat bag I made and slipped a cookie in for the girls that came to stamp camp. I wanted to show them different ways to use the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit (I used parchment paper to make it and Tombow liquid glue to hold it together.)





 These pictures are of the food table. I made cucumber/lime water that was a success.


The following cards were created by De, I love her masculine cards (that is not my strong point)



 


Love her colorful birthday card.




 The Sheltering Tree is one of my favorite stamp sets.

 I can't forget my wonderful stampin friends that came to stamp camp. From left to right is Penny Whittington, Susan Walton and Carol McCleary.  See those happy faces.



From left to right is De Forrester (my team mate), Ms. Edna who is sitting next to her daughter Carol Valentine (sorry Ms. Edna I did not get your last name but we so enjoyed stamping with you. Edna is 87 and volunteers at the local zoo.  How amazing can that be.






That is me standing on the left and Judy Usher sitting.  We all had such a great time and hope to do it again soon.


I hope you have liked my post for today, thanks for stopping by


Along with this blog hop, I was requested  to answer the following 4 questions:


• What are you working on?
I am working on samples for upcoming classes. My own personal goal for this month is to make sure I use all the new stamp sets I have.

• How does your work differ from others in your genre?
I love the clean lines look and occasionally I throw in a shabby chic type card. I also love to use my stamping in home décor. I do CASE cards I find on line, I normally change color or some little thing to make it a little different.

• Why do you create what you do?
I create and share with others because it fills my soul, I love to show a new person how to stamp and she gets that ah-ha moment and then you hear a squeal of joy when she sees what she created. Then the joy that we all get when we send or receive a handmade card.

• How does your creative process work?
I create in different ways sometimes when I get a new stamp set I will pull out ink and cardstock and accessories just sit with it all for a few minutes stamp some images and move stuff around. Other times I look on line at Pinterest, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator website, Splitcoast Stampers, and check others blogs to get inspiration. Sometimes I case what I see but most times I change a little here or there. Occasionally I work on sketches I see on line to see what I can come up with under the said parameters.



Here are some of the other people who have posted in previous Monday hops.  Hope you enjoy looking at their sites and getting ideas from them also. 

  I have recruited Lisa Tedder to continue the hop for next Monday and I will add her blog info next week for you as a reminder.



  

2 comments: