Monday, March 25, 2013

This and That (New Catalog Product Line) and By the Tide

 
 
Your life is: Awesome. Quirky. Exciting. Perfectly messy. And happening really fast.

Stampin' Up! is introducing the line with these 5 products, but will be expanding more This and That product in the future.

ItemDescriptionPrice
131268Epic Day This and That Journal$10.95
130814Epic Day This and That Designer Series Paper$10.95
130133Remember This and That Rotary Stamp$5.95
131271Epic Day This and That Designer Stickers$4.95
131269Epic Day This and That Designer Washi Tape$4.95
133350Epic Day This and That Bundle
Includes the five This and That products listed above. Only available in a bundle until April 30.
$32.08
15% Off Retail Value!
  • 15% OFF Bundle Dates: March 23-April 30.  The items that come in the bundle will be available in the new catalog, but the discounted bundle is only available through April 30.
            See the product line and order your This and That HERE.  I can't wait to get mine.

 




 Great week and a new card................

I have had a whirlwind week, we got an offer on our house in North Carolina and we went to Florida to look for a place and were so blessed to have found a place that suits us just fine and now the work begins.  We are downsizing and I am retiring from my day job and guess what??!?! I get to be a Stampin UP Demo full time............ I am so excited.  This has been my dream and my goal for a long time now. 

I finally took some time to make a card, using the By The Tide set and I used the shaving cream technique. (the cheap dollar store type of fine to use) I have not used this technique in a couple of years and thought the fish would look nice with it.  I wanted to use pool party and lucky limeade but I did not have those refills so I used tempting turquoise and old olive.  I cased the placement of the stamps from Yvette Ash, thank you Yvette for your inspiratin, I loved the way yours turned out. 






In case you do not know how to use the shaving cream technique.  It is so easy but a little messy.  You put shaving cream in a flat container. I used my large powder pal  but normally I used a foam tray from the grocery store that I have saved.  Then you decide on your colors and ramdomly place several drops of ink refills of each color on top of the shaving cream.  Use a plastic fork in a zig zag motion to blend the colors into each other.  Not too much and let a little white show through.








Then lay your whisper white cardstock on top of the shaving cream and pick it up and take a squeegee to wipe the shaving cream off.  (the messy part)  you may have to use a paper towel to completely clean off the shaving cream.  You can use the same shaving cream 2 or 3 times on new whisper white piece of cardstock, then it gets a little muddy.  Set aside and let it dry.  Then I stamped the fish with black stazon and cut out the fish and mounted it with dimensionals on the whisper white cardstock after I stamped the rest of the card. 

Of couse you could use the whole card as a background. I love to use this technique for a sky using only one color of blue depending on what suits my fancy that day!


I will be teaching this technique to my classes next month.  Contact me if you would like a hands on class. 

 Thanks for stopping by.  Contact me if you have any questions.  919-334-8800

No comments:

Post a Comment