Sunday, February 24, 2013

History of Stampin' UP!


Have you ever wondered how this amazing company Stampin' UP! got it'a start 25 years ago. I am sharing this from the Co-founder and CEO Shelli Gardner's Blog, click HERE to go to it. I love it that she is a mom just like you and me with a family that started Stampin' UP! in her living room. Here is her story.



Twenty-five years ago, my sister Vonna and I were neighbors, living in Las Vegas. Our sweethearts were working in construction, and we were both stay-at-home moms, with young children at home. I was feeling a need for social interaction; Vonna was looking for a way to supplement her family income.

Shelli and her family below.



We’d both dabbled in various direct-sales businesses, and when we discovered stamping we knew we’d found the product we wanted to sell! However, we couldn’t find the right combination of service, opportunity, and quality products. So we created it ourselves!
We learned so much those first few months—growing from operating out of our living room to a warehouse in three months, and then moving to an even larger warehouse a few months later. Ultimately we bought our own property (my dad’s old truck shop) in Kanab and continued to grow.
That growth caused a bunch of challenges (we call them opportunities today, but they sure felt like challenges back then!) and a huge learning curve for us. We took a real-life crash course in Business 101 and figured out a lot of things that continue to benefit us today, both personally and professionally. And looking back, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. . . well, at least not very many things!

Vonna and her family below.
So there’s a little glimpse backwards. I’ll share more memories throughout the year. I’d love to hear what you’d like to hear me reminisce about. . .

Check back to Shelli's blog for inspiration and stamping ideas etc.  I do all the time and have even cased a few from time to time.  I love it that she still stamps when she has time.

Thought you might be interested. Thanks for stopping by, have a blessed week.

Frances

No comments:

Post a Comment